Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just call me Betty. Betty Crocker.

Ehm! Attention!
I, Mrs-All-I-Know-How-to-make-is-Microwave-Popcorn, has done the unthinkable. Braved new ground. Unmasked a new hidden talent.
I have made two things in the same day, without failure.
Drum roll please.
The first dish I made was
POT ROAST!


Ahhhhhhh, I can't believe I made this and it turned out no less. Most people know it's not very difficult to make pot roast, but usually when recipe's are explained to me and there is a 'and then all's you have to do is' I get eye glazed and start tasting copper so for me to do this, well Bravo to me. It was even good to eat. I even ate some WITHOUT dousing it in a gallon of ketchup. I EVEN got a huge thumbs up from husband and super kid, without asking thank you very much.


K, the second thing I made yesterday was a nail biter indeed. It is a made from scratch recipe handed down about 4 generations on husbands side (no pressure).
2nd drum roll please.


Cinnamon rolls. Yes, cinnamon rolls from scratch. Meaning I made the dough. From scratch. Yes, me. I did it. Again, most people know that these things are easy peasy to make, but I did it. I undercooked one batch by a little bit but I hear that is the trickiest part.
So, anytime you want me to whip up a batch at your next party function, you just let me know, I will with a smile on my face.


Bravo to me!
I took some pictures of my own in the process, I'll post them some other time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, my little sista is all grown up!!
Congratulations!!! I will start sending recipes your way.
Hugs!!!

NorCalMrs said...

Wow!! Nice! Those rolls look delish!