Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hey bandwagon! Wait for me!

I'll admit it right now that I did not want to read this book. I thought the whole concept of it was outlandish, ridiculous, all about vampires (which I also think is stupid) and geared towards 12 year old girls.

About a year ago a friend of mine, well actually, two friends of mine told me that I would love it. I was like 'I like you girl but your crazy'. But they both insisted that it was a great book that is more a love story than anything else. Every single time I got together with the one friend, she would try to put the book in my purse and if that didn't work, shove it down my throat. I got tired of fighting her about it so I caved and said FINE give me the silly book.

Well, I must say that they were right. 100% right. I started reading it and couldn't put it down. I am now an obsessed cow and will more than likely see the movie (oh my gawd!) and am in the process of obtaining the rest of the books in the series.
Good thing I don't have an I'm always right complex.

Run along now and read it,
JSC

4 comments:

NorCalMrs said...

I read all 4 of these books in about a week...and that included waiting for Breaking Dawn to be released. I even went to the release party. :-\

JSC said...

I just got the 3 other books last night and I was so excited (wtf?). I started reading New Moon immediatly.
Squeeeeeeee!

JSC said...

You (NorCalMrs) are one of the two people that have suggested it to me as mentioned in the post so thanks for planting the original seed btw...
Have you seen the movie?

NorCalMrs said...

I saw Twilight....very disappointing. Edward Cullen is hot and I swoon for him, but I have high hopes for New Moon since it's a higher budget film.