Monday, July 21, 2008

Wine review

I thought I would make sure that everyone was up to date and remembering my WOM selections from past months.
May: Bogle Chardonnay. Yum Yum Yum this is deeeeeelicous with steak and if you serve it cold, it will serve you well. Hangover: none.
June: HAYMAN & HILL is the WOM for June. For the two special people who had the pleasure of hearing my obsessive meltdown because I couldn't remember the name of this wine, thank you for listening and not telling me that maybe if I would stop drinking, I might remember things from two months ago better. Hayman & Hill is crisp and buttery. I had it with pizza, and although I don't think that's what it's intended to be paired with, it was quite good none the less. Hangover: minimal.
July: Charles Shaw Chardonnay. Yes, two buck Chuck made my list mostly because for 3 bucks you can get a half decent bottle of wine. And with my modeling career at Macy's winding down, I'm a broke bizzo. Hangover: yes.
ICKY WINE ALERT!!!!! Do not, I repeat DO NOT ever think that getting a huge bottle of wine for less than ten bucks is a good deal. It is a bad deal. Especially after the first glass that you choke down and follow with 3 more, you will regret it largely the next morning when your head is pounding, the room is spinning, and no amount of anything makes it better. You will get a hang over very similar to the hang overs they portrayed on the after school specials we all watched growing up (those worked like a charm-sha right).
The culprit: Cavit Pinot Grigio
The victim: Me
The scene of the crime: Home
The hangover begun: 730am Sunday morning
The result: Actually praying for Monday morning to roll around so the healing could begin
The lesson: I'm never drinking again

No comments: