Saturday, September 27, 2008

Running is hard

So, I started this 8 week program to 'Run effortlessly and with ease' thing. I have graduated to week 3 recently and suddenly things are rather difficult.

The past two times I've been out, I hated it. Sorry, rather strong words for something so new to me, but I can't help but hate life while running. I'm not running effortlessly or with ease. It's more like I am a two ton elephant and every step is not breezy and airy, it's more like a stomp. Followed by another stomp. I don't even think I'm going that fast. I try to keep a good pace without over doing it, but I want to get a good workout in and feel like I need to at least jog faster than I would walk.

I start out the run with a positive attitude, thinking 'this is going to be great' and by the time I get home, my attitude stinks (as well as my feet).

Anywho, I know there are at least a couple of veteran runners who read this lowly blog, so do you have any advice for me? I really want to do this, so I think that is half the battle, but any encouraging words would be much appreciated.

Oh-I have not forgotten about my WOM selections for August or September, I am just waiting for husband to down load some super rad pictures I took of the selections. I know you are all waiting on pins and needles for my advice on semi-decent cheapy wine, so I promise I will post soon about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes running is hard, but not always---hehehehe 'that's what he said'.
Anyway, back to you.

Some days when I run I think can go forever, other days I wonder if I would trip or push over a granny in walker that passed me. So in other words, some days are better than others. If you want to tip the scale to better, keep running. Consistency is key to running and having the wind gently lick your glowing face then blow through your perfect flowing hair. Let’s not forget to mention your bum. Running will keep your ass from looking like that mystery item you just located in the fruit/vegetable drawer of your frig. If that doesn’t motivate you here is another suggestion. Dream (because that is what makes life worth living—oh that is for another blog) up a chant and repeat it over and over and over and over. I use---Run, Forest, Run. I just love Tom Hanks. Did you know his brother is an entomologist!!

Anonymous said...

Did you see that Corvallis OR was actually rated number 1 small city in USA for security?? I guess they use the word 'secure' and phrase 'complete boredom' interchangably.

NAW said...

Ah, I remember the dreaded week 3, I had to repeat it three times until I felt comfortable enough to go to week 4. A wise woman once told me...running is kind of a mind game. If you keep thinking positively it will come easier. But, if that fails then just get a great mix of songs on your IPOD. That has actually helped me more than anything. Happy running, I know you'll get there!