Friday, December 26, 2008

Memories

As the holiday season of 2008 comes to a close, I find myself reflecting on the moments that made this Christmas so great. And, as I know most of you have been waiting and waiting and waiting to hear them, I'll gladly share.

In no particular order, here are the memories that will last a lifetime:
  • Seeing my little god-daughter/niece go up to Super Kid during present opening and saying 'oh my gosh' and hugging him even though we wasn't opening anything.
  • Hearing VT sister laugh at the completely ridiculous Holiday Letter I sent her that forced Super Smart nephew to read out loud (at my request) knowing full well that I littered it with the f-bomb about 20 times.
  • Eating Strawberry Jam.
  • Making Corn Beef & Cabbage to absolute perfection (another ancient family recipe on Husbands side that I was nervous about making).
  • Super Kid believing (probably for the last time) that Santa exists and brought him presents.
  • Super Kid wearing his new skiing helmet and goggles while watching WallE in his PJ's at 11am. (I took a picture and will post it soon, it's hilarious and cute at the same time).
  • Husband and Super Kid smiling at the same time.
  • Setting up my new iPod (OMG I was so excited to get one!).
And the best memory was a conversation that I had with Super Kid. We just popped in WallE and he was sitting on the floor. I said 'Hey Buddy, come up on the couch with me and we'll watch it together'. He plopped down on the couch and brought a very interesting, peculiar smell with him. The following chat took place and made me realize that this child is just like me (undeniably sarcastic and honest) :
Me: PU Buddy did you fart?
Super Kid (without skipping at beat): No, it's probably your breath.

Priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! It probably wasn't your breath, didn't it smell like wine?
I am happy you liked the strawberry jam. Let me know what you think of the blueberry jam too. It was a lot of fun to pick all of the berries, bring them home, and make gifts in July to give in December.
Have a Happy New Year!