Thursday, January 22, 2009

MOM

Hi Friends
A new addition to Paper Castles will be MOM.
MOM=Movie of the Month.
I have fallen off the WOM wagon (not making any sense at all if you think about it. I might have a case of diagnoses dyslexia) and decided that MOM made more sense. I will give you my biased opinion of what you should watch and why. Remember that my opinions are the best and I don’t care about yours.
I have already advised you to go out and see Four Christmas’ so let’s consider this Decembers MOM. For many many many reasons this movie is great. First and foremost it is funny. Like laugh out loud funny. Husband and I were cracking up throughout it and I even witnessed Husband knee slap. The story line is easy to follow and characters not completely out there. It really is worth seeing twice. For those of you who have seen it, how funny was the baby puking scene at the end? Brilliant! Plus, it’s never difficult for me to watch Vince Vaughn. Very handsome indeed.
For January’s MOM I decided on Juno. Please, for the love of whatever God you trust, go see this movie. I enjoyed it from the moment it started to the very end and every minute in between. I don’t need to go over the basics like it was written by a woman from Minnesota, is set in Minnesota, has won many a awards and has an excellent soundtrack.
The reason why I like this movie so much is because it is all about emotion and perception. The trickiness of relationships and honesty.
The part that got to me, in short, was when after Juno had her baby, she was laying in the hospital bed all curled up. She was crying. In walks her boyfriend who just lays with her and holds her.
I saw myself in that scene. I was that girl. 8 years ago I was the one laying in a dull hospital room with the currents drawn, scared out of my mind and an emotional wreck. It brought me back to that day, that moment, that second where I was completely overwhelmed and lost. Unlike the movie, nobody came in and laid with me. I had a baby daddy who stole money from me out of my purse when I wasn’t looking and took a check and wrote it out to cash. BUT, I did have a handful of visitors. I remember wanting to put on a brave face and I tried with all my will to act natural when I held Super Kid, but I always felt like I was going to break him and silently panicked when he moved because I thought…I don’t know…I thought he would suddenly have super strength and throw himself out of my arms and fall to the ground.
Whew! So…like I said, just go see it.
You won’t regret it.

No comments: