Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SAC weekend

So, as mentioned below, I hung out with my Super Awesome Cousin all weekend, I'm going to call her SAC for all intensive purposes.
We had a grand ole time while she was here.

We ran in a 5k where she placed 9th out of 181 women, and I placed 181st because I walked my pregnant ass around the lake. But I didn't see any other pregnant people out there so technically that means I'm the winner. Duh.

I brought with my 25 dollar Camelbak water bottle because I can't function without it. Just so you know.

We went to the Sculpture Garden after that where SAC and I made almost every single piece of art there into something dirty. Is this wrong? Yes. Were we doing what everyone was thinking of doing? Yes. (see picture in post below). I posted most of those photos on my Flickr site so check them out there. But there is one that I will post here, and it is SAC with a giant piece of turd coming out of a drain pipe:

That's art.

After all that running and sweating and poking fun at arting, we were tired, so we went back to my place and took naps. I love naps and so does SAC. That's awesome.

Our plan was to meet up with MN sister and NAW at McGovern's Pub in St Paul but I (thought) I left my precious Camelbak at the lake where the 5k was. I couldn't find it when we got back so I wanted to check, just in case it was there. (long shot I know but I spent good money on the thing and I'm in love with it). So we go back to the lake and look around for about 20 minutes, peeking in all the garbage's, looking in the bathrooms, along the gutters but to no avail, it wasn't there. Totally bummed we walk back to my car and I wonder if maybe it just didn't roll underneath my seat.
This is where I think the best moment of the trip happened for me. SAC didn't really pick up on any Minnesotan accents, she just picked up on my terrible sailor mouth tendencies. As soon as I looked underneath the seat I seen my beautiful water bottle and exclaim Here it is!
SAC didn't quite share my enthusiasm, says this:
Mother Fucker!!
That's funny.

Giddy with pleasure that I found my water bottle and that I have corrupted SAC's language, we head over the the restaurant and had a lovely dinner with all the free popcorn one can handle.

On our way out, we happened to cross a professional photographer (see: college stoner) and he took our picture:


-------------------------------------
She left the next day, full with the knowledge and influence of my potty mouth and too much food. I had such a great time hanging out with her and getting to know her better. Husband liked her too. How great is that?

I hope the next time I see her it'll be in Philly and she can show me how people are suppose to drive (traffic lights being a mear suggestion) and meet her dogs.

On an unrelated note: You were right, I was wrong, I think ninja is a girl.

Craving apple pie,
JSC

No comments: