Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What do you mean I can't have sugar?

I have a dr appointment today where I have the pleasures of getting the glucose test. What's a glucose test you wonder? I'm not 100% sure but I think it means they are seeing if I'm developing gestational diabetes. What does that mean? I don't know. All's I know is that I can't eat an hour before the appointment and I have to 'go light' and not 'gorge myself' on sugar beforehand says my dr.
Um, excuse me, do you know me dr person?
Clearly you don't. Because if you did, you would know that me staying away from sugar is like trying to walk with no feet, making yellow cake without chocolate frosting, or thinking that little niece M is not a complete duplicate of myself (this was confirmed by a story I heard last night about her thinking a conversation about Pop Tarts and ants was actually about cantaloupe---still laughing!).
I love sugar. Me and sugar are friends and if I don't interact with it, it will think I am upset with it and we don't want sugar hurt or sad. How am I suppose to not eat sugar when there is a jumbo size box of Twinkies in the break room that I bought at Sam's Club yesterday because they looked so delicious? How am I not suppose to just open up the one drawer in my desk and not eat an almond Hershey bar? How am I suppose to pretend that a Swiss cake roll isn't in my purse? How am I suppose to ignore the big bowl of candy sitting directly in front of me full of Tootsie Rolls (probably pretty easily being as they are the the last thing I would eat but guess what's in them? SUGAR)? My stomach is growling just thinking about all these things.
I guess I'll just have to suck it up until after the appointment, which I might like to add, is at 1130am. Who scheduled this anyway? Why would you schedule an appointment where you can't eat an hour beforehand over lunch hour? Idiots! (It was me FYI but I'm pregnant, what's your excuse?).
Hopefully I'll survive today, if not, all my worldly belongings (ie ummm, wait, I know I have something, hmmmm, nope...I guess I don't have anything...oh well).

Hungry,
JSC

No comments: