Thursday, August 13, 2009

I hope you can hear me

Dear Ninja,
It has gotten to the point in your long existence where you think you are in charge of me and I want to remind you that you are not. I am in charge little one and when I say you can't come out, you must not come out. I am dying to meet you, don't get me wrong. I can't wait to see your chubby (emphasis on chubby because you will be in my tummy long enough to acquire chub) little face and inspect all of your toes and fingers. I can't wait to find out what you are, a little girl or boy? I think regardless of your gender, you have taken on your Dad's assertiveness by insisting on trying to make an early debut. And it seems you have taken on my impatience for, well, just about everything in the same regards. Really though, I need you to stay in me, because that's where you belong, at least for another 5 weeks. C'mon, you can make it that long, right? It's nice and warm in there isn't it? I know it's cramped, but you will have many many many years to spread your wings and fly. Just stay put damn it.
Your big brother told me yesterday that he is going to teach you how to spell Mom. Won't that be fun? He's going to be a great big brother and is excited to meet you, but even he says it's too early and he's only 8.
Plus, remember the other night when I was all freaked out and I started talking to you about this and I made a little promise to you that if you stuck around on the inside for the next month, I would buy you whatever you want on your birthday's and I will never ever ever ever ever tell you that Santa doesn't exist? Remember that?
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

NorCalMrs said...

Glad he decided to stay put for now. Stay in there Not Oscar!!